The purpose of the MTCC-Pacific Steering Committee is to guide MTCC-Pacific to achieve its goals through expert advice, information sharing and performance review
Basis for action
The objectives of the MTCC-Pacific Steering Committee are:
- Share lesson learnt, experiences and provide expert advice to facilitate regional coordination and access to complementary expertise;
- Identify opportunities and maximise existing initiatives for future replication;
- Actively support and advise on trial projects to identify possible best practises that will facilitate the implementation of future initiatives and projects;
- Share data and information to optimise the development of future efficient and cost-effective national and regional initiatives.
- Review and analyse performance;
- Champion and support the initiatives and programmes of MTCC-Pacific.
- Fiji Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport (Chair);
- Pacific Community (SPC);
- Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP);
- Fiji Delegation of the European Union
- Maritime Safety Authority of Fiji (MSAF)
- Marshall Islands;
- Solomon Islands;
- Fiji Maritime Academy (FMA);
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH;
- Pacific Islands Development Forum (PIDF);
- Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (PIFS);
- University of the South Pacific (USP);
- Private sector shipping representative.